Nov 10, 2016
3 Significant UDRP Decisions Report
“Three Significant UDRP Decisions To Review Before Filing A Complaint” is a new report from the FairWinds UDRP team.
In this report we outline the information you need in order to safeguard money, time, and brand reputation by filing the right complaints, the right way.
Three items we specifically focus on are:
- Best practices for protecting brands in light of cybersquatting trends;
- The growth of the internet via ICANN’s New gTLD Program; and
- The history, use, and structure of the UDRP.
You’ll also gain insight into the UDRP with several in-depth case studies, including:
- Staedtler Mars v. Maryna Kobielieva [fimo.club]
- Phillip Plein v. Kimberly Webb [peopleincasinos.com]
- Big 5 vs. EyeAim [big5.com]
These three cases shed light on the significance of intentionality behind registrations and the determination of a domain name’s potential for consumer confusion, two critical elements of the UDRP.